Recent events have reminded us of a stark reality…we cannot escape crisis situations. Although we are unable to avoid them, we can navigate our way through them. By its very nature, a crisis demands urgent attention and yet, it can be difficult to know how to respond to any sudden adversity. These basic principles can assist us to navigate our way through what we are currently facing:
- Define the problems we face which lie within the crisis presented;
- Take decisive action, and quickly, to respond to our immediate problems (seek debt relief immediately, for instance);
- Provide reassurance to those in our immediate circle;
- Try to simplify the situation and not control circumstances beyond our control;
- Enlist the support of our family, friends and colleagues and stand firm, together;
- Managing ourselves and our families through the situation requires a step-by-step action. Make sure to commit to some action on how to move through the current new normal and, the future new normal, on a daily basis;
- Do what is right and not what is easiest.
Whenever it may happen, today, we find ourselves one day closer to the end of lockdown!
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made to God. And, the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Matthew 6:25-26